Mechanical Engineering Department of Jharsuguda Engineering School, Jharsuguda is one of the most decorated and oldest branch among all Govt. Polytechnics of Odisha, established in 1955. The department is having highly qualified and experienced faculty in different streams of Mechanical Engineering. An interactive relationship is maintained between the students and staff which enables the students to develop a sound foundation in the stream in a conducive environment. This Department able to produces high scholar diploma mechanical students, who keeps the flag of department high not only in Odisha, but also in the country and outside India.
To be recognised as a provider of excellence, knowledge and improve problem solving skills of the students to face the challenge of global market with confidence, along with sound technical knowledge, practical skill as per industry requirement for the socioeconomic upliftment of society
- Educate, motivate and prepare the students to know the fundamental and technical skills in Mechanical Engineering through effective teaching learning Methodologies to meet the current and future demands of the industry and academia.
- To inculcate best laboratory skills and hands-on in machineries.
- To impart the employability skills to the students as industry ready by implant training and industrial visits.
- Imbibe social awareness and responsibility in students to serve the society and protect environment.
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEO)—
- To empower the students with the knowledge of contemporary science, mechanical engineering related subjects and develop domain skills.
- Prepare students to pursue career in industry or higher education by improving technical, professional and communication skills.
- To enhance entrepreneurial, communication and other soft skills, which will enable them to work globally as leaders, team members and contribute to nation building for the betterment of the society.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSO)—
- To provide the imperatives knowledge of science and engineering concepts, fundamental for a Mechanical Engineer professional and equip the proficiency of fundamentals of Mechanical Engineering and practical skills needed in workshop practice for competent problem solving ability.
- Identify, Formulate and Analyze complex Engineering problems in Thermal Engineering, Design Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering and automobile Engineering
- Use latest Mechanical engineering related softwares of simple design, drafting, manufacturing, maintenance and documentation of mechanical engineering components and processes.
- Carry out development projects on mechatronic systems, industrial and agricultural related machineries.