The Department of Civil Engineering is started in the year 1955. The yearly intake of the department is 90 for regular three-year Diploma course to meet the growing requirements of practical designing for emerging needs of Civil Engineering field. It has been started with an objective to create outstanding Diploma Engineers, with advanced teaching and learning aids for the students. The Department has well qualified faculty members and excellent laboratory facilities. The Diploma program imparts students to master over the field of Civil Engineering besides knowledge of recent trends and development to shine as a successful Civil Engineer. Students gain experience from field visit to nearby construction sites, dams and irrigation structures etc.
To produce competent and capable Civil Engineering students by imparting excellent quality and skill based technical education for serving the society.
- To provide knowledge of various Civil Engineering aspects and skill based practices with modern technique and methods.
- To offer state-of-the-art lab facilities pertaining to the curriculum on par with the best to make future Civil Engineers.
- Enhance problem solving and project based learning related to Civil Engineering to serve the construction industry; Civil Engineering profession and rural community through dissemination of knowledge and technical services.
- To inculcate ethical values & professionalism among the students.
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEO)—
- To train the students so that they can work and contribute to the infrastructure development projects being undertaken by Govt. and private or any other sector companies.
- To train students in such as a way that they can pursue higher studies so that they can contribute to the research and development of Civil Engineering and other allied fields..
- To train students in a manner that they should function effectively in the multicultural and multidisciplinary groups for the sustainable development and growth of Civil Engineering projects and profession.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSO)—
Students will have sound knowledge in analysis, design, laboratory investigations and construction aspects of Civil Engineering infrastructure, along with good foundation in mathematics, basic sciences and technical communication.
- Broadness and Diversity
Students will have a broad understanding of economical, environmental, societal, health and safety factors involved in infrastructural development, and shall demonstrate ability to function within multidisciplinary teams with competence in modern tool usage.
- Self-Learning and Service
Students will be motivated for continuous self-learning in engineering practice and/or pursue research in advanced areas of Civil Engineering in order to offer Engineering services to the society, ethically and responsibly.